DO YOU KNOW YOUR GOLF TRIVIA?
To help keep the brain stay active during lockdown, below is a quick golf quiz for a bit of fun.
- In the 2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, which South African golfer became the first in history to record a sub 63 score in a major when he recorded an 8 below par 62?
- Which Swedish golfer, who retired in 2008 with 90 international titles, is widely regarded as the best ever female player?
- What is Tiger Woods’ real first name?
- Two golfers have been world number one without winning a major, can you name them?
- What nickname is given to the second shot at the 11th, all of the 12th, and the first two shots at the 13th hole at Augusta?
- Which golf resort and hotel in Wishaw, Warwickshire, has hosted the Ryder Cup four times?
- Which TWO players have both won nine major championships, making them joint fourth in the all-time list behind Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Walter Hagen?
- Under the rules of golf, what’s the maximum number of clubs allowed in a player’s golf bag during a round?
- The Masters, the first major of the year, is the only major held at the same location each year; name the city which hosts the tournament?
- Which common slang term is often used for the clubhouse (or even sometimes a pub close to the course)?
- Which golfer, the winner of 3 majors, died in a 1999 airplane accident at the age of 42?
- Which word is traditionally shouted to warn anyone standing or moving in the flight of a golf ball?
- Name the exceptional golf course on the Monterey Peninsula, California, which has hosted several U.S. Open Championships?
- The Ryder Cup is named after English businessman Samuel Ryder who made most of his money selling what?
- How many major championships has Tiger Woods won? And in which year did he win his last?
- By what name is the trophy presented to the winner of The Open Championship most commonly known?
- In 1985, which golfer was the first British player to win The Open Championship since Tony Jacklin in 1969?
- Can you name the players from the following nicknames: (a)The Walrus, (b)The Big Easy, (c)The Mechanic, (d)Boom Boom, and (e)Junk Man?
Keep your eye on next week’s newsletter for the answers, to see how well you did!